Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opinions on Sniper Rifles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Viper

Viper

Opinions on Sniper Rifles Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 am

Hey guys, im currently using a Well MB03 sniper rifle with a BSA 3-12x44 catseye scope with adjustable parallex shooting .25gm bbs. I am planning on buying a new sniper rifle but can't decide on which. I heard the MB02 or VSR 10 is great for being compact and still able to hit 400fps and another is the Well m700 gas rifle. Can anyone give me info on what i should be looking out for. And i also want to let those of you that are playing sniper roles know that if you need any advice and help on making or repairing a ghillie suit, stalking, range estimation or anything else just ask. I know this is just airsoft but still, why not try to play it as realistic as we can. Well, thanks again for your time.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 am

You need to send me a PM with your number, im going to be needing your assistance for something Im working on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

Hitting 400 fps it really depends on the spring not barrel length. Also why do you want to buy a new rifle, is there something your not getting out of your old one?
Back to top Go down
Viper

Viper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:52 pm

I know the barrel length has nothing to do with the fps... it shoots fast but it only reaches 150-170feet. That means i would be close to my selected targets and risk blowing my cover. I was thinking of getting the MB03 Upgrade kit with the m170 spring. Gives it more feet to travel because mine starts to drop.
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 pm

It also depends on the weight of the BB. Less weight will give more distance but less accuracy; more weight will give you more accuracy but less distance. What does the upgrade kit come with?
Back to top Go down
Viper

Viper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm

It comes with a steel rod guide, steel piston and a M170 steel spring for 30 on evike.com. I'm using .25 right now. [right]
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I strongly suggest you get a re-enforced trigger assembly if you're gonna be running a m170 spring.
Back to top Go down
Viper

Viper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks Siege... I was lookinfg into that as well... the last thing I want is to damage my rifle.
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm

No problem. If you have any more questions just PM me and I'll do my best to answer them.
Back to top Go down
Viper

Viper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Sure thing... I'm great at real weapons... maintenance, repairs... but airsoft, little new at this. So what role do u play and what weapons do u use. Likewise, u need any advise on gear, strategies, extra just ask

@KaliZion, sent u a pm with my number.. text or call me ASAP. Once again... love your website and field. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:41 pm

I hear you; I was thinking of getting a Gas Blowback Rifle just because it handles similar to the real deal. Even disassemble the same way, down to the bolt carrier group and the buffer spring. I play the role of sniper as well, I'm still getting a feel for it though. I'm running a TM VRS-10 g- spec. Definitely will.
Back to top Go down
Viper

Viper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Nice... being a sniper takes patience... do u have a ghillie suit
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:03 pm

I have my boonie cover and the shoulders on my blouse, I was going to leave that way originally but I've decided to make the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Viper

Viper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Cool... i made 2 ghillies... one for dead vegatation and a woodland ghillie... more for greener and grass areas. Well, Lets see when we meet up to do a little sniping during one of the games. If and when i make it out... money has been tight..lol
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Mine dead vegetation, though the field was green because of the rain lol. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Sniper Rifles   Opinions on Sniper Rifles Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Sniper Rifles
Page 1 of 1