Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just so it's fair and people know what's up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
House[CORE]

House[CORE]

Just so it's fair and people know what's up Empty
PostSubject: Just so it's fair and people know what's up   Just so it's fair and people know what's up EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:51 pm

I've been seeing a lot of confusion and not much solidarity from this "community". The reason I say this is because the word gets thrown out a lot but all it's really become is a word. If we really want this hobby/sport to grow we need to stop thinking about who's the best, the biggest, or how to make money out of it. What I've seen in the past is that there has to be efficient leaders to make big games happen. For example the captains decide on when and where, then tell the rest of their respective teams the decision which has been agreed upon. A great example of this in action was the STAC VS BOA challenge. This event showed me that when we really want to get something done it will get done. Sure it was a challenge but still it got people out there to play. (I really hope that bad blood wasn't the reason people showed up.)

Now this is where my proposal comes in:
If we really want to play Airsoft as a "community" like we see in all those videos online and when we go up north, we need a solid plan. There are 4 fields available to us and there are 4 weekends in a month (normally). What I suggest is setting up a field a weekend that way players already know what is happening and that way the games are bigger. This will also prevent the whole home field advantage and mentality. We will start playing together despite what team we belong to.

What I want to point out is the fact that my plan has flaws in it and I can see them already. First of all we would be upsetting the balance in the income these venues receive and they won't like that. But in reality we aren't really what makes those places money paintball does. But once we start playing as a mob they will be wanting us at their place more. (That is all speculation of course.) What I also see as a problem is driving distance, but if others are willing to go the other fields it is only courteous that you do the same. What will make or break this idea is all the bad blood that's been going on. If we have problems with each other we have to learn to act like adults and talk stuff out instead of walking away and complaining about online or anywhere else. As for this sport goes, I know a lot of hit shrugging goes on whether we do it on purpose or not. Personally I have just given up on trying to win cause all that causes is people to get over competitive and that's where the shot calling becomes questionable. This is just a game there is no need to hate other over it.

What I want players to understand about this is that we can grow if and only if we really want to.
Back to top Go down
Black Diamond (SOARD)
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Black Diamond (SOARD)

PostSubject: Re: Just so it's fair and people know what's up   Just so it's fair and people know what's up EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Very well said House, i once said this months ago but I guess people were too busy trying to fight lol. I remeber when we used to have different fields and switch fields avery weekend but suddenly it all stoped. Lets go back to it.

I support this way of thinking...
Back to top Go down
USJTF6
USJTF MG
USJTF MG

PostSubject: Re: Just so it's fair and people know what's up   Just so it's fair and people know what's up EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:37 am

Gents,

I just have a few Ideas to help here as I really dont know the situation totally however I have heard similar things like this happen in many communities before. Now I know what will happen (From what I have seen in past circumstances) if you dont curb this way of thinking and general mentality of the community and its not good at all. You are really looking at disintegration of the community here if no real action is taken.

I know a lot of the teams here are in the USJTF and that already provides if things are being run correctly here a structured system where you have Kalision working with the Team Captains and making plans happen jointly. The USJTF System works great as it gets maximum involvement and gives everyone an equal vote and choice but in the end the "Community" as a whole sticks to one plan. If you guys really want a good example of this look at the Ohio/Indiana USJTF http://www.ohiomilsim.com/forum/ they do an outstanding job of running two communities as one in two separate geographical areas using multiple fields (Sometimes on the same weekend). These guys could provide you all an outstanding bit of info and ideas on how to tackle your current set of issues if you got in contact with them.

Just If I can keep this short and think of the most important things that might help:
1) Team Captains need to have a meeting once a month to coordinate your activities with each other so you all can work as one
2) Focusing on one or two fields to play at instead of Four would really help you focus your player-base and get larger games
3) Working with field owners to see who cares about you and gives back the most to the airsoft community could make a good determination of #2
4) Everyone needs to give back to the community, not just take or attend games and go home.....this builds strong communities!
5) Host joint OP's with multiple teams working to make them jointly....this will really build the bonds between teams and players

Hope this helps gents,
USJTF 6

Back to top Go down
http://usjtf.org/forums/index.php
Black Diamond (SOARD)
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Black Diamond (SOARD)

PostSubject: Re: Just so it's fair and people know what's up   Just so it's fair and people know what's up EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

I agree with you Commander and appretiate your input, as you can tell I already posted a team meeting so we can discuss this issues and bring out your ideas as well as the ones from Ohio as you mention. We are all in this sport to have fun and make it grow not dissapear, we can all work together as civilized people and make this great sport become something irresistible.

B. Diamond out.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Just so it's fair and people know what's up   Just so it's fair and people know what's up EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Any other Cpt. that read this post must try to show up for our meeting this Wednesday. I love the way you put this House...Black D and I were just talking about that last week. Thats why we need this meeting to go threw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just so it's fair and people know what's up   Just so it's fair and people know what's up Empty

Back to top Go down

Just so it's fair and people know what's up
Page 1 of 1