Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New gun suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CHAPEL[BC]

CHAPEL[BC]

New gun suggestions Empty
PostSubject: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Looking into geting a WE tech SCAR only holds 30 rounds though is there anyone who has experience with this guns or
Maybe another make im new to the airsoft game so any suggestion as would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Blaze (ODA-205)

Blaze (ODA-205)

PostSubject: Re: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm

In my opinion i would not start off with a gas blowback rifle if you are just starting out. But maybe you should look into an Echo 1 for a starter gun. However, if you have the money i would recommend a KWA.
Back to top Go down
Zmonster

Zmonster

PostSubject: Re: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:34 pm

The Blowback rifles are great in Tactical training and hardcore MILSIM where everyone is required to use REALCAP magazines (even for AEGs).

I played in a Vietnam MILSIM game in Kentucky in 2005, went through alot of mag changes using 20 and 30 round REALCAPs. The good thing was that the OPFOR was also using AK REALCAPs, the firefights were short and intense with both teams making and breaking contact due to ammunition usage. Forced the US side to move in large numbers and the NVA VC to hit and run using the terrain.

There just isn't enough of a demand here in South Texas for a Hardcore MILSIM game, which leaves blowback rifles to the realm of realistic training, unless you purchase alot of gas mags. Which could be an option for those wanting the real weapon's effects. Some do it, others are very used to using HI Caps, which I think is great for beginners but more and more players are shifting to midcaps for a bit more realism and noise reduction.
Back to top Go down
Legion

Legion

PostSubject: Re: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm just getting started with airsoft also. A popular sight that helped me out was AirsoftGi.com. They have a lot of options and some decent prices. I just picked up an Echo1 Platinum Series m4 that is all metal and comes with a RIS, carrying case and extra magazine for about 325, just remember to use the keyword "HOT" when you check out to get an extra 10% off and free shipping. That's a good place to get started in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 am

In all reality if you want a scar i can get you a scar for the same price but extremly modified. Dont waste your money on something thats going to screw you over in the long run.

If you go in with 30 rounds while everyone has atleast 350 rounds.....yeah you will be in trouble.
Not to mention the fact that GAS POWERED GUNS are very inconsistant with the weather.

pm if you want a good deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Zmonster

Zmonster

PostSubject: Re: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Airsoft MILSIM across the globe is seeing a shift in players getting away from HICAPs because of the unrealistic winding, granted in the old days, winding took (in theory) the same time as reloading a real mag, but in simulation sense you cannot carry that much ammo in real life (my Battalion carried 14 magazines, a total of 420 rounds of 5.56mm), and most MILSIM airsofters apply the 10 BBs to every 1 real round, 30 real rounds equals 300 BBs for airsoft, which justifies the use of HICAPS, it still might take away from the realism factor.

Kal also pointed out another fact, GBB rifles still suffer from outdoor weather effects, too cold or hot and the weapon could become unreliable. Plus sustained firing also effects the weapon.

Electric blowback, now that is becoming more and more viable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New gun suggestions   New gun suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

New gun suggestions
Page 1 of 1