Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goggles Question

Go down 
+4
Trigger[BC]
whiteman UV
KaliZion[BC]
Legion
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Legion

Legion

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm looking into getting some new goggles and I was wondering if anyone had any info as far as safety issues with mesh goggles. Any advice would be welcomed.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Its good to get MESH cz it doesnt fog....The only set back it the darker the day gets the darker your vision gets.
Then again when it turns to night games, having a darker view is better then a FOGGED UP LENS.

So yeah i would go with MESH are teams mask are made that way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:50 pm

only draw back to mesh, and i haven't ever seen it, is bio bb's shatter on mesh. you do the math. good luck but i want mesh cause fogged goggles suck more.
Back to top Go down
Legion

Legion

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 am

Yeah Whiteman, that was my concern with mesh, the safety issue with BB's breaking. I wasn't sure how common it was. Everything I have seen makes the same point, which is that in theory a BB's could break, but no one has ever seen it actually happen. Seems like mesh might be the way to go. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Trigger[BC]

Trigger[BC]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:41 am

I have personally never had that problem and thats cause i use to run my old BC mask and it was made with mesh but hey idk maybe i was just lucky
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:47 am

well if your playing some one who uses biodegradable bbs or cheap .12's thats the only way i see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Anahilator[BH]

Anahilator[BH]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 am

I don't think anybody from here plays with biodegradable BBs, so chances of that happenning are slim to nothing cat
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/wrestlerchick_110
siege

siege

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 pm

I use to run with ESS goggles and never once did they fog up on me.
Back to top Go down

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

I got shot in the face while wearing mesh goggles a few years ago. We were running KSC Perfect BBs and one shattered on my goggles. I spent $500+ at the eye doctor removing the fragments that embedded in my right eye. The Eye Patch gave me an interesting rugged look for a while, though.
Back to top Go down
Trigger[BC]

Trigger[BC]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Really well thats very unfortunate and well i am very sry to hear that but idk i guess that day wasnt your day lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah Tank recently got shot in the eye a few weeks ago. But hopefully after his surgery he will be back to normal. The goggles he was wearing were labeled ANSI rated and well unfortunately they didnt hold out very well either but all is going well with his recovery and he will be having surgery very soon on his eye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Anahilator[BH]

Anahilator[BH]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Trigger[BC] wrote:
Really well thats very unfortunate and well i am very sry to hear that but idk i guess that day wasnt your day lol. Smile

Lol, I bet we've all had bad airsoft days, I know I played a game where I was just getting hit on the face(we had unlimited lives and every single time I got hit on the face Mad!!!!) but thank God, KaliZion made me a mask and that's the only reason why my face and eyes remained safe and sound. Sorry to hear about your eye Major Scott, our friend Tank suffered an accident to his eye as well, and he was wearing ballistic glasses, I guess no matter what you wear everything has its pros and cons, and you always risk an injury while playing airsoft. But then again if it was any easier it would be called paintball, lol.
cat cat cat cat cat
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/wrestlerchick_110
Domino[BC]
USJTF 2LT
Domino[BC]

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 pm

yea just like Ani i used to get shot in the face all of the time, close up or far away. Until Kalizion made me a mask
[funny thing is i don't think i ever got hit in the face after i started wearing the mask] that reminds me I need to make my new one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goggles Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles Question   Goggles Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Goggles Question
Page 1 of 1