Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

STAC Rules

Go down 
+3
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]
whiteman UV
Havoc [SERAPH]
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Havoc [SERAPH]

Havoc [SERAPH]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 am

What are the official STAC rules?

Are we going to just use TASO/what we have now rules? Or come up with a whole new set of rules?

Personally I feel that this needs to be taken serious and safety should be the first priority. Also that this should be dealt with ASAP, that way all teams can start following them.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 am

They are being taken care of Havoc and have been on our thoughts. we are compiling and list and i personally would like to have them agreed upon by the community on this site and during a game. after that they will be posted online and a laminated copy will be given to all team captains along with a saftey briefing card for all ops to be run safe and for no rules or precautions to be over looked. thanks for your concern Havoc once again, and we are on top of it and it is high priority. keep checking for updates and rules.

Side note Ruthless and Kalizion i need this pronto. homies. lol

Whiteman
Back to top Go down
Havoc [SERAPH]

Havoc [SERAPH]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 am

Roger that. Sounds good.

Just a main concern of mine. Don't want to see this community get shut down due to a simple mistake because someone didn't know about eye pro or something like that.
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:35 am

on that note all basic safety rules apply and that is part of necessary gear. and almost every post ive seen where rookies ask for help on gathering gear eye pro is always #1.

It will be a lot of already established rules. I believe that the only big changes are bang rules and different variations of spawning and medics. still being discussed like i said earlier.

and how can someone shut us down?
Back to top Go down
Havoc [SERAPH]

Havoc [SERAPH]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:38 am

I have no idea....

But I'm sure they could find a way... Make airsoft illegal or something crazy like that...
Back to top Go down
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:41 am

That is very true we need to set them up asap.. there are lots of rules aready in place from other communitys . We should take them into consideration especialy the saftey one. Many of them have been in effect since airsoft started and have been working so those we should still use.
EYE PRO
MINIMUM INGAUGEMENT DISTANCE AS PER FPS.
ADDRESSING HITS. NOT CHEATING WILL BE TOLERATED..
BANG RULES.
ABSOLUTLY NO PROFANITY TOWARDS ANOTHER PLAYER IN PLAY.. WILL BE TOLERATED.
ANY PROBLEM SHOULD BE ADDRESSED BY THE TEAM CAPTAINS. TO AVOID LONG ARGUMENTS AND DISPUTES..
IF THE PROBLEM CAN NOT BE SETTLED BOTH PARTYS INVOLVED WILL SIT OUT THE NEXT GAME TO COOL OFF.
THE USE OF LAST STAND ON GAMES . PLAYERS MUST DRAG THEM SELVES NOT RUN/ROLE/ OR CRAWL FAST..
TO TAKE ONE OUT ON LAST STAND YOU MUST BE WITH IN A 15 FOOT DISTANCE AND WITH A PISTOL.. THE LAST STAND MEMBER CAN ALSO SHOOT YOU AT THE SAME 15 FOOT DISTANCE ONLY.. HE MAY DRAG HIM SELF TO SAFTEY
THESE ARE SOME RULE THAT CROSS MY MIND JUST NOW I KNOW THERE ARE MANY MORE SO PLEASE POST UP
Back to top Go down
http://BLACKOPS956.WEBS.COM
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 am

Eye ProtectionEYE PROTECTION is MANDATORY! All goggles and safety glasses must have a hard lens and must meet ANSI Z87.1 standards. There must be a full seal around the eyes and must have a safety strap to prevent them from falling off. Goggles with soft lenses or shop glasses without a full face seal are not acceptable. If you can insert the eraser-end of a pencil between your face and your protection, it does not offer a "full seal" and is not acceptable.

Goggles and glasses with anti-fog lenses are highly recommended. Clearing fog during combat operations must be done w/o removing your eye protection. If you remove your eye protection during an operation, you will be asked to leave.

Many types of eye protection are available from vendors like - http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/ Chose carefully, do your homework and select the safest eye protection you can.

Mouth Protection
While not mandatory, we strongly recommend that all operators also use a facemask or protective mouthpiece during combat operations. The reason for this is, although extremely rare, Airsoft BBs have been known to take out teeth
Back to top Go down
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 am

Velocity Limits
All Airsoft Electric Guns, must chrono at 400 fps or less using a 0.20g BB . All Squad Assault Weapons must chrono at at 450 fps or less using a 0.20g BB. All Sniper Rifles must chrono at 500 fps or less using a .20g BB. ANY READINGS HIGHER THAN THESE WILL IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFY THE GUN!
Ignoring Hits
Operators may sometimes come across a situation where a BB lightly hit the toe of his boot or while lying down a BB hits his butt pack. He thinks that if it were real life the bullet would have just only taken off a part of his shoe but missed his toe. Or that the bullet would have just passed thru his butt pack and miss him. So he thinks that hit really doesn't count and continues his mission. In Cimmerian re-enactment operations, any hit, no matter how seemingly minor, is a clean kill (except a gun hit).

Cheating
Because of the nature of Airsoft-based re-enactment, the opportunities for cheating are somewhat common. CHEATING WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE TOLERATED. Anyone caught cheating will be grounds for immediately dismissal from the operation and that person may not be invited back to future STAC operations. Let us make it clear that cheating is just not worth it. You may be able to get away with it at first but in the long run people will know who the cheaters are. This person will eventually develop a bad reputation as a cheater and this black mark will follow him for a very long time. Eventually this person will not be able to find any operations in which to participate. So just don't do it.ProfanityNo profanity is allowed in anger at any time.

Physical Contact Prohibited
No aggressive physical contact is allowed. Anyone that makes physical contact with any other operator will be ejected immediatelyAirsoft Hits
Because airsoft BBs strike with only a fraction of the impact of paintballs and do not leave a mark on the clothing, disputes sometimes arise as to whether an enemy operator has been hit or not. In the heat of battle, an operator may sometimes not feel a BB hitting him for several reasons. The most common reason is adrenaline. Sometimes an operator is so focused on an objective that he may simply just not feel the hit. There are many examples of this in real life combat. A solider may be grazed by a bullet and not notice it until later. Also, when operators are making a run for a flag or for cover, it's difficult for them to feel the hits because they are moving quickly. Equipment such as tactical gear or a tactical vest will also prevent an operator from feeling a hit. However, in most cases, BBs hitting someone's equipment makes a distinct sound, and both operators can usually hear this. This can also happen when someone is wearing heavy clothing, as is often the case during the wintertime. However, hits on clothing are usually more difficult to hear. Also, if you are shooting at an operator at longer ranges, the BB may not be hitting the person hard enough for him to even notice. On the other hand, there may be situations that an operator thinks he has hit his opponent but in reality he hasn't. The most common one is long-distance shot. To the shooting operator it may look like he's hitting his target but in reality his BBs are falling short of their target. Another thing that can create a false sense of a hit are bushes. Bushes can easily deflect a shot. In rare cases an operator can miss someone even at close range. In his excitement to shoot his enemy, some operators spray their guns wildly and hit everything but the target.

Back to top Go down
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:50 am

So with the whole last stand, would you be able to suicide your self, so you don't have to wait for someone to finish you off or a medic?
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Thats a good question but the real question would be, would you re spawn if you have a last life?

I PERSONALLY love the idea of last stand not because it gives you a second chance but because it allows the player to hide from the gun fight. Do you know how bad it feels to be waiting for a medic and seeing all this BB's come at you?

This rule will really bring in the realism fight for your life no matter what.

But there will be certain rules to how it works.

Last stand will only work if player gets tag-ed by Assault, Heavy gunner, or Sniper riffle. At proper distance.
But If a player gets hit by a PISTOL, KNIFE, GRENADE, or SAFETY KILL there will be know LAST STAND.

In all reality they really wouldn't be nothing to save. lol

I believe that pistols should have no ENGAGEMENT DISTANCE, But any shot to the face with a pistol is out of the question. Automatic suicide.

Other then that I approve of all other FPS decision, except for maybe for the SNIPER RIFLE since now a days this BOLT ACTIONS are hitting up to 550Fps Stock. We wouldn't ant anyone to buy one and have to lower it down not knowing how.

We must have some leeway some some stock riffles.
Or bump it up to 550 like TASO has them. Its not like they don't have to shoot that far anyway(Sniper-riffles ROE is 100feet)

This is what I believe it shoot be tell me if you approve.

Pistols= 0ft engagements(350fps)

Assault/ SMG= 20ft engagement(400fps)

Squad Assault Weapons= 40ft engagement(450fps)

Sniper rifles = 100ft engagement/semi auto only(550fps)

All must be CHRONO with .20g BB's no excuses.

I would love the Idea of the guns actually being up to par of it REAL STEAL REPLICA.(example Sniper rifles that should be allowed to shoot over 400 semi only should be in this devision=SR-25, M14, SCAR-H, Dragunov SVD, Guns with 7.62 Cal. and Up. Not a upgraded MP5 shooting at 550fps but weighs only 2 pounds. Give people a reason to buy a sniper riffle and let them deal with the weight and size of a big gun. Same thing goes with the SQUAD ASSAULT WEAPONS No M4 with a BOX MAG.)

So people keep your M4, AK47, MP5, and SCAR-L under 400 or just get yourself a sniper riffle.(Only leeway will be to STOCK GUNS) Cross the lines and your gun will be DISQUALIFIED. Some people even say "I WILL SHOOT ONLY SINGLE SHOT" How would I know that?

And for EYE PROTECTION I think they way you guys want them to be is fine, but don't forget the MESH GOGGLES.
How about we don't allow any BIO on the FIELD. SHORT and SIMPLE. NO SHATTER, NO PROBLEM.

Kalizion

Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 pm

KaliZion[BC] wrote:
Thats a good question but the real question would be, would you re spawn if you have a last life?

I PERSONALLY love the idea of last stand not because it gives you a second chance but because it allows the player to hide from the gun fight.

Of course you won't re-spawn if it's your last life and you take yourself out. It's called your last life for a reason. What I'm referring to is when you're on your first life. Sometimes you get taken out on some obscure part of the field, were you can spend the whole game. My question is would you be able to sacrifice your first life to get back into the game?

Also, I say FRIENDLY FIRE should be enforced. There have been too many cases where, someone gets behind the enemy, shoots him, but the enemy keeps on going because he thought it was friendly. That way there is no doubt, if you get hit you're out; either by enemy or friendly.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:15 pm

I agree with the friendly fire.
We are on HARDCORE MODE guys, we need to be smart on the field.

And I wouldn't mind if you do give up your life, than you can RE-SPAWN were you first began the match.

Im down for that.
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 pm

on last stand for pistol kills is it 15 feet +? is so i believe that is good you dont need to be that close to shoot and if you do then go freakin practice and learn your gun. other than that i love it. jsut let me know what we are keeping and i will start to work it out.

BTW seeing as how we have not agreed on a full list of rules and safety briefing guidelines i will not be able to have them ready. sorry guys
but this is some good progress.

whiteman
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't think we should base the velocity limits on the type of weapon system the player uses. It could alienate players who don't know the FPS of their weapon or you meant to be at a certain number, but for some reason went over it.

For example, someone buys a stock AEG rifle and It's shooting 405 or 410, would this mean immediate ban of the rifle?

Or some one has an upgraded AEG DMR, which only shoots semi at about 450, would this be considered a Squad Automatic Weapon??

Given that if you do have a SAW you wouldn't want to be shooting at 450, solely because it would cause too much wear and tear; due to the sustained fire your job requires.

The solution is simple, instead of basing it on type of weapon, we go with GROUPS.

All Chronoed with .20 bbs

Group 1: 15ft engagement(350fps)
Group 2: 20ft engagement(400fps)
Group 3: 40ft engagement(450fps)
Group 4: 100ft engagement(550fps) Semi Only
Group 5: 150ft engagement(600fps) Semi Only
And so forth...

That way if your weapon goes over the fps you don't have to be disqualified; you're simply put on the next highest group and your minimum range increases. Allowing the player to use his weapon, but most importantly keeping the safety factor.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 pm

i like that idea also siege. my only concern is that people have to be trained or versed on exact distances. i know its not a huge thing but how many people can judge 40 feet without walking it let alone 100 or 150 ft. jsut a concern i have. i mean do we get a display or some tool that will easily display these distances prior to the game? im trying to think of solutions to what i think might be a problem. but i do like the idea. cause my gun shoots average 405 STOCK! after a years worth of use on the spring.
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 am

Distance gauging will always be a problem, no matter what velocity rules are set. That being said, I believe its a small problem at best. Using a guide or a quick display of different distances, coupled with player judge meant, and different weight of the bb (due to different fps) players should be relatively safe. Especially from bb weight, it will dramatically reduce the speed of the round.

Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 am

I really wouldn't want go into groups of FPS limits for many reasons,
Here are few reasons.

1. If we go by groups of FPS we will have to find a way to mark them.(TAPE, ZIP TIES, Glow-sticks,etc) then whats the point of PAINTING THE TIP BLACK if your going to have a FLORESCENT TAPE on your GUN.

2. If we give them a chance to BUMP UP A CLASS, then we are going to have so much confusion. People are going to be looking at each other just seeing any random gun and say "HEY I HAVE A GUN LIKE THAT I CAN SHOOT THAT CLOSE TOO".

3. Shooting at 600 is straight up OUT OF THE QUESTION. That distance still will break skin.
It is about safety but in all reality its about making things simple. If you see a gun and you recognize it as an assault rifle you should already know what there limit is. YOU DONT WANT TO STARE AT A GUN FOR AN HOUR JUST TO SEE WHAT COLOR ZIP TIE IS ON IT.

I would write more but im still sick. And i dont feel like looking at a screen all day.

Last edited by KaliZion[BC] on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 am

I was talking to Kal and he was telling me his view on the subject. he would post but is sick and not up for the task.
No one would be alienated from any game. only rule modified. i like the idea of keeping game play by weapon type. for instance if i have a aeg mp5 that shoots 330fps on full auto i would want anyone shooting me at 15 feet with an full auto gun or for that matter shooting 700 fps with a sniper rifle and by some chance i run by as he pulls the trigger and i get hit at 25 feet cause i didnt see the guy. Fps is there to protect not hinder cause people as a whole are retarded. i cant count the times ive been snuck up on or sneaked up on someone or taken a corner and ran into some one whats your first instinct? FIRE!! not back up thats where training comes in. but not everyone gets training.

so i propose
all AEG must be under 415-420 fps and 20-25 feet engagement (what if i put a super awesome spring in my scar that shoots 500 fps not the guns purpose for heavy fire.)
All team support weapons 450-460 fps and 30 + feet engagement (btw these guns are not light and made to be running around the field like a pistol. keep it real)
snipers 550-560 fps single shot only

if you need a gun to shoot hot then you need to practice some type of playing skill first cause a gun shooting hotter is not going to to improve bad skill or lack of skill. that game is called Doom i believe where you shoot lasers and plasma guns and grenade launchers with unlimited ammo supplies. btw great game. im going old school.
the opinions and views have been approved by the white man approval association.
Whiteman
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 am

oh havoc btw we play on legit fields so the cops dont interrupt "Fun Time" lol and if they do come we just get all the white people to talk to them lol jk well... no im kidding.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:26 am

Well put, well I hope everyone that reads this see that we are going threw changes and the reason is, better and easier game play.

If we fallow the rules of everyone else we will never grow our of our on FLOWER POT, we must spread the roots and think outside the box to really FLOURISH.

We could always join another organization but in my eyes I rather be a leader in our COMMUNITY then a FOLLOWER in someone else's.
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:45 am

KaliZion[BC] wrote:
I really wouldn't want go into groups of FPS limits for many reasons,
Here are few reasons.

1. If we go by groups of FPS we will have to find a way to mark them.(TAPE, ZIP TIES, Glow-sticks,etc) then whats the point of PAINTING THE TIP BLACK if your going to have a FLORESCENT TAPE on your GUN.

2. If we give them a chance to BUMP UP A CLASS, then we are going to have so much confusion. People are going to be looking at each other just seeing any random gun and say "HEY I HAVE A GUN LIKE THAT I CAN SHOOT THAT CLOSE TOO".

3. Shooting at 600 is straight up OUT OF THE QUESTION. That distance still will break skin.
It is about safety but in all reality its about making things simple. If you see a gun and you recognize it as an assault rifle you should already know what there limit is. YOU DONT WANT TO STARE AT A GUN FOR AN HOUR JUST TO SEE WHAT COLOR ZIP TIE IS ON IT.

I would write more but im still sick. And i dont feel like looking at a screen all day.

1. Florescent tape really? Zip ties on the trigger guard will do; if you think that will be too noticeable we can use natural colors such as Khaki, Grey, Brown, Green, Black.

2. That's the whole point of safety briefs. To show and enforce rules, with emphasis on proper engagement distances. If someone forgets 5 min later after they've just been told what their minimum distance is then they shouldn't play, simple as that.

3. Shooting at 600 fps, you would have to be at a distance of 200ft (That's minimum). To have even a remote chance of hitting a target you would have to have bbs that weight at least .40 or more. At that distance with that bb weight, is the same as an AEG at 400 fps with a .20; which is about 1.48 J. Except the sniper is only using 1 round, opposed to a lipo ready hi-cap.

Finally, recognizing someones rifle is completely idiotic. It is just an outer shell; there are to many variables to determine the limits. Barrel type, BB weight, Spring compression, air seal, battery type; If you base your judge meant on the outer shell of an AEG that would be a very rookie move. Plus EVERYONE brags about their weapon, just watch them practice with it, you'll learn their limit that way faster.
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 am

hey siege when u gonna come out and play. then u could tell us all your ideals in person.
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 am

whiteman UV wrote:

All team support weapons 450-460 fps and 30 + feet engagement (btw these guns are not light and made to be running around the field like a pistol. keep it real)

Why are the Support weapon being placed in this category? The spring, needed to fire at that FPS, will shred your piston or gears in no time. Most support weapons have the same maximum effective range as an assault rifle. With the exception of medium and heavy machine guns; but if distance in your concern, FPS does not equal distance. Air seal does.

BTW this has nothing to do with the velocity rules, just my opinion so to reduce weapon failure.
Back to top Go down
siege

siege

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 am

Ill be back to play soon, just taking care of last minute things.
Back to top Go down
whiteman UV
Admin
whiteman UV

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:20 am

cant wait for the FROGs to join the community and really have a voice in the community that they play in. that said thanks for you opinion on the subject it is always good to see all sides of a topic before a final decision is made. and as for my comments on support weapons i was thinking a saw that is just spraying ammo more than most guns and not so much fps. and i do not have my phd in airsoft armory sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STAC Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: STAC Rules   STAC Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

STAC Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next