Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why airsoft?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aggressive [BC]
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Aggressive [BC]

Why airsoft?   Empty
PostSubject: Why airsoft?    Why airsoft?   EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm

I have a question to anyone that is willing to post an answer. Why airsoft? Out of all the various methods of spending one's time, why do you choose to airsoft? I imagine that the answers will vary from person to person but I have always wondered why other people have decided to pick up the hobby?

My answer.
I really like the exercise that running around the field provides. It has practical uses. This is what I mean. A person can workout by doing push-ups and situps but how do those exercises come in useful in the real world? I know what muscles they strengthen but what use do those repetitive movements do to provide you with an advantage over the other guy? If you run around in a match and find yourself winded and near passing out then you need to work on your cardio. You see your weakness during a match and you work on it.

I also like the realistic feeling that a good airsoft "match " has. We all know that a "hit" in a game is just a hit and not real but I play the game thinking that a hit is a death or a severe injury in real life. I take a "hit" personal. I don't mean that I hold a grudge against the shooter. To me it means that I did something stupid and I got myself "killed" and I let my team down. I review what I did in my head and learn from it. Get me once shame on you, get me twice shame on me.

I like airsoft because it is a very forgiving game of life where a BB in the chest means you are out but not dead...... in real life. What better way to learn.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

Why airsoft?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why airsoft?    Why airsoft?   EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 pm

That's beautiful, bro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Bolt[CORE]

Bolt[CORE]

Why airsoft?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why airsoft?    Why airsoft?   EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 pm

I like the challenge. Knowing that there's always someone better out there is an intoxicating feeling, it feels like you're clawing your way up the skill ladder. It's really easy to see yourself making progress. It almost happens overnight, really: you look down and find yourself in full gear, operating in ways you never would've thought to a couple of months ago. I wholeheartedly agree with Aggressive when he says that airsoft is a practical way to assess your physical fitness; it really is a well-rounded physical assessment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ReverendMedina
Black Diamond (SOARD)
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Black Diamond (SOARD)

Why airsoft?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why airsoft?    Why airsoft?   EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:13 am

I agree 100% with u agressive and more to when it comes to getting hit, even thouh its a game i play if it was real and i thinks helps me get better n better, back in the day i had the intentions on joining the armed forces but for some stupid ideas and decisions i didn't, so now that i have a family n business to take care of i chose to airsoft as a way to fulfill that desire for doing this in real life. I have always liked guns and i like the fact tha today i can pretty much pick up almost any kind of gun and know how to use it. This also serves me as a way to do some exercise, get out of the routine by distracting myself from problems etc, and also it helps me improve my way of thinking as of problem solving, desition making, goal achieving as to always set my mind to win the game and surviing skills not just for me but in the case i need to protect my family or friends. I love the fact of having the team i created and i thank my fellow team mates who give it 100% out there with me.

I thank God for this sport and for people like you that put effort into this and make this happen.

B. Diamond out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why airsoft?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why airsoft?    Why airsoft?   Empty

Back to top Go down

Why airsoft?
Page 1 of 1