Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS

Go down 
+4
KaliZion[BC]
BK[BC]
Aggressive [BC]
Poncho (DTF)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS Empty
PostSubject: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Guys, from what I hear, the owner wants to set an airsoft day only for us that way there is less issues. He has been getting complaints from paintballers and let's face it, he's gonna make more money off of them than us. So, if you plan on taking a group larger than 10 you should call in advance and also, let's get a poll on what day we want as our airsoft day and I can talk with him about setting it aside for us. I know most people prefer tuesdays and thursdays but let's post up and see what people think.
Back to top Go down
Aggressive [BC]
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Aggressive [BC]

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:27 am

This is my opinion. Does it really matter what we decide and think? I mean, what if we all voted for Saturday to be our day, would they honor it? Nope. We hardly ever show up in a large enough mass to even come close to overwhelming the facility's accommodations. We don't complain when the paintballers to airsofter ratio is severally lopsided to the painters side and have to wait for a field to open up. Its part of the deal. Perhaps it because the average age of the airsofter in this area is older (more mature, understanding, more layed-back) then the painters that show up. I am not blind to the fact that they have more to gain ($$$$$) from painters then from us but that is not our fault. We pay to get in just like them. They get more $$$ from painters by forcing them to use field paint purchased there but it is not our fault that they don't get smart and start demanding that we buy field bb's from them (hint).

We are making them more efficient. We make way less of a mess on the field compared to the painters which cuts down on field maintenance. The refs don't even have to ref the games which means they could be doing other things that will benefit the field. The refs that are in the field during the games are in there more to see the action then to ref it.

My point is this. We police ourselves very well when we are out there on the field, any field. I have not heard of any complaints from any painters directly. I know its not because they are shy. They always approach us in awe and are very curious about the sport, firing off questions left and right.

I know many of us have thought about doing a major OP down here at one of the major fields here in the Valley but how can we do this at a place that treats us like "second class customers?"

We could agree to "call them" ahead of time when we are arriving in a group larger then 10 but most of the time WE don't even know how many people are showing up until after we get there and even then we get there 1, 2, 4 guys (and gals) at a time.

I am not advocating anything here. All I am saying is that we must be real about the situation. We all go to have a good time with our fellow airsofters and that will not change. Implementation of unfair rules by any particular field will simply push airsofters towards other fields that don't have those rules. It might not happen quickly but it will happen, especially if they insist on enforcing those rules. Those that have the "ear" of all field owners should let them know that we just want to give them our money so that we can have drama free fun.

This message has been brought to you by

The Office of Aggressive

Back to top Go down
BK[BC]
USJTF SGT
BK[BC]

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:33 am

I .....................................................
....................................................... Agree
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Very well put...What I dont seem to understand is why haven't we taken a day off from airsoft and help me build the new field in Edinburg. I understand it far but thats the same thing they said about weslaco. Delta is offering us the chance to build up our own 52 acre field. You cant even imagine the possibility's of that much ground to cover. But we have to be real and start getting to work. Those that don't think this will be the best thing that would ever happen to us must be crazy. Think about it, full airsoft scenario field.

We can start ASAP. But talking about never gets anything done. Getting up and doing it will get the ball rolling.

PS...I VOTE AGGRESSIVE FOR CLASS PRESIDENT. +1 lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:00 pm

I agree, I think we should have free roam but the fact of the matter is that it's Edinburg PAINTBALL Battlegrounds and since it was started as a paintball field by paintballers, they will always have more say since it was built for their game, not ours. We don't have to go there if we don't want but if we do we have to remember that it's not made for us and we asked to play there, they didn't ask for us. I think we need to build. Kal, I've been waiting for word when you want to start this field. I can help 10am to noon Mon-Fri if need be and even some weekend time starting this Sunday. You say your ready and even if it's 3 or 4 of us only, we can build this field. I have been waiting to get back to this 52 acre field for some time. It has so much potential and is a great venture for all of us. I'm ready to build, just give the word Kal, you tell me when you're free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm down in helping out I can contact others to help out. Ive nevered been to this 52 acre field. But would like to play there. Also who owns it n what is the cost to play there . N in what way can we help. I know u will have the whole airsoft community support in helping u in this. Also try n hosting ops at a cheaper price to get airsofters involved in going n convinced that this is the best place to play airsoft. I suggest for everyone to give suggestions on what we want n need to make the best aitsoft place in the valley. It's a large area so anything is posibble. Also who is funding this project. Or is it bring what u can.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Let go edinburg battlegrounds tomorrow and will discus the details...those that want to know more please show up for the game tomorrow.

Its time for change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
siege

siege

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:27 pm

52 acres? Shocked *dials up scope*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:44 pm

At wut time
Back to top Go down
Ratt

Ratt

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:30 am

I'll try to be there, but does anybody have a extre AK MAG I can buy???
Back to top Go down
Matt H[BC]
USJTF SGT
Matt H[BC]

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:05 am

ratt i have a AK mid cap u can use
Back to top Go down
bear {PMC}

bear {PMC}

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Is anyone going to the field I can't get a hold of Kal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS   EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS Empty

Back to top Go down

EDINBURG BATTLEGROUNDS
Page 1 of 1