Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brownsville CQB Tournament Information

Go down 
+10
BK[BC]
bear {PMC}
Ripcord [S.S.D]
Cobalt [SIERRA]
KaliZion[BC]
Aggressive [BC]
Poncho (DTF)
RED (BC)
House[CORE]
Wolf [TFD]
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

Brownsville CQB Tournament Information Empty
PostSubject: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 am

The tournament will be held August 25th at 12pm on our cqb field located on North Illinois street, Brownsville. Briefing will occur at 11:30 and we will meet at Rivera highschool at 11. we will leave from there to the field.

Rules are as follows

370 fps limit.

Full facemask or face protection for anyone under the age of 18

"Safety Kill" or "Bang Rule" must be applied at distances 1-15 ft. Clear shot required

"Parlay" rule in full affect for engagements under 10ft with no clear shot for either player

dead men CANT TALK, nor can they supply their teammates with ammo, mags, weapons, etc.

no bunker tags

EYE WEAR STRICTLY REQUIRED WHEN ON THE FIELD.

Treat weapons like real firearms. when off field, players must remove magazine, empty chamber, and place weapon on safe.

CALL YOUR F****** HITS. We have zero tolerance

there will be 4 referees active during each game. If a player seems to not be calling their hit, yell out "REF CHECK" that will bring the refs attention to the fire fight. If referee notices the player not calling their hit, they give fair warning and immediately remove player from the game. If the incident occurs again, entire team will be disqualified.

Any complaints about players not following any of these rules must be admitted to Tournament Coordinator (myself). any player complained about multiple times will be removed from the tournament. no exceptions. even myself.

Tournament Specs:

teams of no more than 4 (can be less if you are up for the challenge)
5 dollar entree fee (20 dollars a team)
Tournament bracket will be made on day of tournament during briefing.
first and second place teams (possibly third depending on number of teams) will receive a cash prize. the more participants, the bigger the prize!
but best of all, winner gets bragging rights!

We hope to see you here! any questions call me (Dann) at (956)640-2835
Back to top Go down
House[CORE]

House[CORE]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:08 am

Can you clarify bunker tag?
Also I personally feel that the bang rule causes more trouble than it solves. This being a cqb challenge I think this should be replaced with pistols zero engagement only we need to shoot center mass instead of spazing out. This again is just my recommendation. If anyone else has any other suggestions please comment.

P.S. I know not everyone has a pistol but that's why it's called a challenge, you don't go into a challenge unprepared.
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:02 pm

i dont agree. I have never experienced problems with it and every professional field goes by it. you should not penalize players because of their lack of a pistol. the bang rule stays in full affect

also, a bunker tag is when someone is behind a bunker and you run and tag the bunker they are behind and yell bunker tag which makes hem out.

airsoft grenades are also unallowed.
Back to top Go down
House[CORE]

House[CORE]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Ok. I have never played with bunker tag but it sounds annoying as hell. As for the bang rule, hopefully the refs move around enough to prevent any disputes on the field. I can't think of any other things you might of missed. Like I said before if anyone else sees something that was overlooked comment I don't like being the only one asking the questions.
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 pm

I appreciate you sharing your opinion though. I hope more people do it.
Back to top Go down
House[CORE]

House[CORE]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm hyped up for the event already. It's been a while since I played, and I want to get my players back together and this seems like the event to get us back out on the scene.
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:56 pm

we look forward to having you. its also a good place to scout new players and broaden your team
Back to top Go down
RED (BC)
USJTF 1SG
RED (BC)

PostSubject: Hey   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 pm

I agree with house this "bang" rule causes more problems than it solves. I'm talking from much experience and especially when it comes to airsoft people always abuse this rule and like to whine and cry about it a lot!
My suggestion is it should be at 10ft if it is really necessary and as for pistols there should be zero engagement, most pistols are about 300fps
15ft is just way to far besides this is airsoft SHIZ!! happens if u don't like getting shot they u should not be playing this game.

And as for the bunker tag rule I think in airsoft u should disregard this, u should only be "out" if u get shot or get banged unknowingly.
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 pm

I still dont agree. the bang rule only goes into play when you have an open shot on the victim without them knowing or seeing you. if both players face eachother then an engagement occurs not bang. we have had absolutely no problems with the rule and you have to take into account that not every player owns a pistol. i can take it off and allow engagements at any distance if thats what you really want
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:49 pm

TFD, this is YOUR event. You have the final say in what the rules are. Don't feel pressured to change things you don't want to, everyone is just giving suggestions but if you feel you need to implement stricter rules than some people are used to then by all means do as you see fit. I agree with your stance on the "bang" rule especially with the fact that not everyone carries a side arm. Plus, the rule is to make the game safer, which is what we all need to practice. In my team, we've had instances where we are just outside the safety distance but still call "bang" because the kill would have been easy and there is no reason to light someone up if you don't need to. I have never had problems with safety kills and I am all for your decision to use it.
Back to top Go down
RED (BC)
USJTF 1SG
RED (BC)

PostSubject: Hey   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Well to tell u the truth I don't have a pistol and I don't care for engagement distances... Like I said its airsoft SHIZ!! happens
Btw I've had multiple times where I would "bang" like 3 or more ppl without them knowing and they would say, "well u can't bang all of us" and it was just as easy for me to shoot them without anyone knowing I was even there but in airsoft people's pride are to high and u can't know for sure if u got them, which leads to people cheating a lot!
So if u do end up keeping the bang rule make sure u have enough refs to enforce it. Because in a game where there's a cash prize trust me when I say that there will be a lot of cheating.

Just throwing that out there so u are aware of the valley airsoft players actions.
I mean no disrespect to anyone's "airsoft image" but lets be honest people im simply stating the truth.

Ohh and so what's the deal with this bunker thing because in my opinion I think it's kind of dumb if someone gets called out simply because the other guy is on the other side of your cover.
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

If I'm not mistaken the "bang" rule allows you to take out 2 people at a time if you drop in on a group. Then again, it seems like everyone has their own way of doing it. How many you can take out with a safety kill should be addressed in the rules of the tournament, but with it being a 4v4 style, I doubt you'd drop in on more than 2 at a time. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Aggressive [BC]
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Aggressive [BC]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Instead of a bunker rule, why don't they impose a "Camping Rule". You can't be in the same spot for longer then (just throwing out a time amount) 30 sec.
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 am

I said there were NO bunker tags. as in, if you tag the bunker they are NOT out. and if you yell bang it will only be for one person. if there are two easy targets yell bang twice. also there will be 4 refs on the field at a time. im pretty sure thats plenty
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:37 am

Wow I love this... people are really getting into this.
First of all i'm glad everyone being honest and really speaking there minds with out anyone getting offended. This is a challenge and if your not prepared that wouldn't piss off the opposition.

But some of these rule are very new to us. We have been around for a long time and have done everything to make everyone agree on the same thing.

The truth is....this is a CQB tournament and requires you to play in that manner. If you cant get close to your opponent then its a regular game, and everything FPS gun should be allowed.

Best way to do this is by asking those that been threw most of this and ask them there experience.

To me if there is no building in that field, then there is NO CQB and will probably wind up shooting everyone at 15 to 20 feet.

This my friend isn't CQB, CQB is up close and personal and will require 0 engagement for pistol or if you don't have one use a RUBBER KNIFE there like $2 at Walmart.

You want a challenging airsoft game or a paint ball match?

This is the best way to do things that way there no argument on the field since there is CASH involved.

The whole bunker thing we really dont do that. We like to pull out are side arm and then call bang if we dont feel like shooting by the gun was drawn and we would be nice about not shooting anyone.

NO REF WILL KEEP UP WITH EVERY PLAYER! thats why we must pull the trigger.

We are very hyped up in going but must come to an agreement if not you might spend more time arguing with the players then actually playing...

THIS IS AIRSOFT!!!!!! "throwing a grenade" lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 am

there's no actual bunker and its rare that we actually ever say bang. maybe once or twice a day. i have the most experience at this field and i will assure you that taking away that rule would be unnecessary. the only time it ever really occurs is when you actually get behind them and shout bang. if you guys are hiding behind the same bunker then go for it and shoot them. im talking about when you have an open shot. trust me ive played at this field plenty of times and i know whats best.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 am

Here is my number if you need anymore help. 956-975-8430

-Kalizion
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:46 am

Can you post up picks of the field that way we know what we are really getting into.
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:55 am

uhm i dont actually have any pictures. i assure you its no lame ass field lol. any player from sierra or ssd can vouch for me
Back to top Go down
House[CORE]

House[CORE]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 am

Pictures would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt [SIERRA]

Cobalt [SIERRA]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:24 am

Here are a few pictures of the field.
sorry for the bad quality, this is a limited scope of the field, but it still shows some qualities of the field.

Brownsville CQB Tournament Information Scaled.php?server=826&filename=field1

Brownsville CQB Tournament Information Scaled.php?server=28&filename=field2b

Brownsville CQB Tournament Information Scaled.php?server=9&filename=field3

Last edited by Cobalt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:33 am

Thanks David
Back to top Go down
RED (BC)
USJTF 1SG
RED (BC)

PostSubject: Hey   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

I no way or form do I mean any disrespect but that's not CQB it's more like field with some cover here and there
Back to top Go down
Ripcord [S.S.D]

Ripcord [S.S.D]

PostSubject: Brothers Battleground field view   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm

GROUND VIEW

BIRDSEYE VIEW

Look if your up to the challenge just take it. At least some someone came out with idea of hosting a tournament no matter the conditions of the field. I haven’t seen anybody do that in the past year or so. Let’s keep it POSITIVE
Back to top Go down
Wolf [TFD]

Wolf [TFD]

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 pm

I think anyone who plays there would agree that it is in fact cqb. cqb doesn't necessarily mean it has to be indoor. nor does it mean that engagements have to be through doorways. it is USUALLY indoors, but in this case, its a small, limited field with a lot of covers. not covers here and there lol. if it doesn't suit your taste then thats fine, dont show up. we want teams who are excited to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brownsville CQB Tournament Information   Brownsville CQB Tournament Information Empty

Back to top Go down

Brownsville CQB Tournament Information
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next