Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.

Go down 
+15
monster_one (FROST)
House[CORE]
Aggressive [BC]
Oxide
Mechanic[Seraph]
Poncho (DTF)
RED (BC)
Mother W44 (TT)
Goose
Ratt
Shinvega323
Alcatraz N-6 TT
Rooster (DTF)
PHOENIX[BC]
KaliZion[BC]
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

If they ask us for $25 ENTRY will you still play?
YES
OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap65%OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 22 ]
NO
OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't mind paying 25$, I thought it through but if it is gonna be a one time only thing then yes by all means I wouldn't mind. Just I think we should have a barbeque or a cookout of some kind, however the only thing that itches me about that place is I just want to get on the property and have a look at the interior of the place and the thing we could do to the insides of the building, because when I went yesterday with my buddy the hangar looking area was empty on the inside. But anyways kal are you gonna be at sog ops today?
Back to top Go down
Aggressive [BC]
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Aggressive [BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Basically what it comes down to is hardcore players and recreational players.

The recreational player does not give a crap of "how the sausage is made". They just want to show up and have some fun. They are very price sensitive which means that distance to travel and entrance fee amounts highly influence whether they will be attending an event. They are usually people that are new to the sport or only play every now in then (ex: once every few months) They do it for fun and would be just as happy to play on a flat acre of land with only one pallet in the middle as cover as to playing in this type of OP. Basically, they play to pass the time and could just as easily be at home playing Halo 4 online.

The hardcore players, on the other, understands the behind the scenes "hoops" that must be jumped to make an event happen thus justifying the price of the event. They play the game to improve their tactics, hone their skills as a team and as an individual. They get pissed off when they get hit but not at the attacker but at themselves because they know they have "screwed the pooch" and have let themselves down but more importantly their team members down. These players are willing to travel and pay higher then normal entrance fees to play in "exotic" locations and against players they have never played against. They are not intimidated by the UNKNOWN.

My point is this. In our community as well as in basically every other community or sport, we have these two type of players. You will always have to convince the rec player why they should attend an event, most of the time. The hardcore players just need three details; date, time, location. Unfortunately there are way more rec players then hardcore players out there. A determination must be made to who you want to cater the event for.

If you want to cater to the hardcore player then you will have to advertise this to a wider area (Corpus, San Antonio, Laredo, Austin, Houston areas) to get these players down here to pay the higher then local standard entrance fees. Not enough of those type of players down in this area to make this come out successfully.

If you want to cater to the rec player then you will have to simply lower the entrance fee, open the gates and see them rush in.

It's simple economics and marketing folks

-Aggressive-

Back to top Go down
House[CORE]

House[CORE]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 pm

I guess what people need is to see to believe. Basically, they need a closer look at the area (pictures of the inside). In the end, it's up to the player if they go or not.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:39 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93898386@N05/ All the pics i could take of the place
Back to top Go down
Mechanic[Seraph]
USJTF MAJ
USJTF MAJ
Mechanic[Seraph]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Any updates Colonel?
Back to top Go down
Rooster (DTF)

Rooster (DTF)

PostSubject: blah   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Finally some pictures...

At the rate the discussion was going, insults would be found in the third page.

Now since this is a discussion and everyone is merely throwing out suggestions there is no need to mock people or tell them, "hey this other place charges 5x the amount so quit bitching." Many have not experienced a large OP so they have no idea how it works.

I'd say the price is fine +-$5 If we make it too low those (inexperienced players) that love shooting full auto at point blank are bound to show up.
If any higher then I guess quality over quantity for those attending.

//Rules
After seeing the pics of the outside this should be treated as strictly CQB.
Unless we plan to line up in columns and fire a single shot at each other 50 yards away. (Sounds kinda fun actually)
So maybe an adjusted rule set such as: NO MASK NO PLAY and an FPS LIMIT that will actually be enforced. FPS(<350?)semi/(<300)auto //I believe those are the rules in California CQB fields

// Food & Water
Obviously there are people wondering where the money goes when we are being charged at a non-official field. So instead of increasing the price to provide said food and water, how about we just bring our own snacks? Get together with a group of guys everybody pitches in maybe $5 at the most and problem solved.

This way that issue is null and void.

// Transportation
I've driven to La Joya from Elsa many times. Round trip does not take more that $10 (2002 F150 10-15 MPG)
So you guys that drive cars don't even start...

For future reference if on field vehicles will be used fuel costs should be planned for ahead of time. Especially if they are only going to be used by one team. If not LITERALLY charged people $1 for a ride or give a group discount for a small squad.
Its only fair to charge people who actually use something and not charge people who don't use that good/service.

I know when Pancho took those 2 ATV's for recon it was a little pricey. So guess what? We didn't bring them the next time we went.

If money is still an issue play with friends locally or don't play at all for just one weekend.
God knows I've only been able to play 2 times in 6 months. Life happens.

// Final note
I will say I am on the fence not because of the price but the fact that I work and find myself in my last year of college so my homework is rather challenging to say the least. I will know if I can attend the event a day maybe 2 days in advance.

I would love to see more of the inside so I could get a better idea of the cover that is available.
Even as a chairsofter I am glad to support the community.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 pm

i really wish i could've gone inside but its private property and alot of BP was passing by
Back to top Go down
monster_one (FROST)

monster_one (FROST)

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:06 am

I'm in. For the looks of it there's no cover inside so I'm down to build some cover . If needed my help here's my cell kal 956-360-9134
Back to top Go down
Rooster (DTF)

Rooster (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Nice observation on the Border Patrol.

Someone needs to get on the phone with local law enforcement and let them know this event is going down.
Last time I heard of airsoft in La Joya the group got raided and a few guns were hauled away.

I still have all my receipts so somebody is going to owe me a huge chunk of change if that happens. Wink jk...but no really
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Guys the meeting with the owner 3 today. So will give u guys any more info on the matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Thats a great location , but i agree with six.. we need to get law enforcement notified to avoid problems .. there is also tons of border patrol running that area.. lets get some inside pictures ... that will give us a better planning chance.
Back to top Go down
http://BLACKOPS956.WEBS.COM
BK[BC]
USJTF SGT
BK[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm

I dont think you guys understand, we are using this facility to train the Police department, not only have we already contacted The owner of the field but we are also inviting the la joya pd to play with us.
Back to top Go down
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

PostSubject: NEED MORE INFO   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 am

So how did it go? Do we have a date set for this or was there a change in plans. What was the final word can we use the place. Did you guys get any inside pictures, as there any cover ?.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 pm

The meeting went great but there is now alot of paperwork that needs to be settled. Insurance has to be presented and reviewed. As for the location. It's huge. I have term pics and vid. But I must download them in a bit. It Won't be easy to keep the owner happy so let's be greatful for giving us a chance to do this.

As for the place, it's amazing. There is no cover on sum oven areas but there is a lot of wood boxes that we found and can use to feel up the place. More to come in a min. I got to download all the pics.
Back to top Go down
risky956

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:04 am

i dont see the date
Back to top Go down
PHOENIX[BC]
USJTF SGT
PHOENIX[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 am

there isn't a posted date yet because this op is still in the making,
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Shinvega323

Shinvega323

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Damn , that place looks awesome lol. Totally worth 25 now lol.
Back to top Go down
Mechanic[Seraph]
USJTF MAJ
USJTF MAJ
Mechanic[Seraph]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Awesome pictures, but a lot of open space. I can hear the bb's hitting the tin walls already just like at Blackhawk Down. Lots of open space inside and out. Definetely needs more obstacles in the way. So whats the plan now?
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm

looks great, can't wait to try it out. What can we do to help?
Back to top Go down
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 pm

The place is great. But like he said its to open, it will need cover. Like they said whats the plan.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Plan is, you guys think this is a Airsoft facility. Well it's not, this is a new training facility for swat and military training. They will be building a kill house in all the open areas. So it will look like buildings in side a warehouse.

This is why I said it would be a privilege to play there. I dont know how long it will take to build it. But we found plenty of things we can use for cover outside. We figured we can bring in anything from outside inside.
Back to top Go down
RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

RUTHLESS [B.O.A]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

ok so are we going to play there , and when.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Yes but I don't know when. Insurance need to be looked over. But it will defenitly happen.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: Operations :: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 pm

are you saying that the military is gonna train there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.   OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OP. ZIBRA TRAFFIC already on the way>>>>>>>Please read.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next