Home of the TX BRIGADE in the U.S.J.T.F.
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Welcome to BAD COMPANY AIRSOFT and the TX Brigade community were everyone can join the fun.

Make sure to introduce yourself as soon as you register.

Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Big op in october, possibly?

Go down 
+8
Mother W44 (TT)
Aggressive [BC]
KaliZion[BC]
warhog.
Taps(S.O.G)
Poncho (DTF)
Shinvega323
Alcatraz N-6 TT
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What kind of OP would you guys like to have in October if possible?
1. Zombie themed OP
Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 18 ]
2. Halloween/drug war OP
Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Poncho (DTF) wrote:
Calm down buddy, I was asking for a solid answer.  Your previously said it was "likely dropzone," which isn't solid. For a big OP people need to know for sure far ahead of time to make plans for it.  I was just asking to see if you were set on that for sure or if you are still considering other fields like the new Kombat Zone or something. No reason to get upset.
When i said likely "DropZone" and no other canidates where else do you think im gonna host this event?. and what does it matter? we have two months which is plenty of time to get the wheels in motion.
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 pm

It even says on the 4th post on the first page, that it will be held at the dropzone
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Dude, no need to be so hostile. And earlier today that 4th post said likely. I'm fine with the dropzone, I just want to be sure so I can tell my team. I'm not sure why you are being so hostile to my questions, I have been supportive of this OP since you 1st posted, you can be a little more friendly. I don't think we've ever had issues before and I don't want it to happen now. Sorry if my questions bothered you that much, I just like to know what's going on thoroughly so I can plan and help any way I can.
Back to top Go down
Aggressive [BC]
USJTF CPT
USJTF CPT
Aggressive [BC]

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm

I am all for Alcatraz N-6 (S.O.G) to take the lead on this OP.  That will give the other common organizers that chance to relax for a bit and just go and play. Like Kal said it will not be easy but i am sure that Alcatraz N-6 (S.O.G) is more then up for the task.   Kal and Poncho meant to indirectly highlight some weaknesses of the OP information so far with their comments and not meant as an attack to you Alcatraz N-6 (S.O.G).  It is possible to organize the whole OP by yourself but it will be so much easier with help.  You are on the right path and I am sure it will come out great.  Don't be afraid to ask for advice from people that have "been there, done that." Remember, it is always easier to get advice from the vets and start from a solid foundation then to seek no advice and start from the ground.
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 pm

k
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Anyhoo im sorry for flying a bit off the handle there, but i get fustrated when people ask questions that have already been answered.
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Now just to be clear, since the zombies will be armed, what if a team chose to be zombies, but brings vehicles into play? Can zombies operate vehicles?
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Poncho (DTF) wrote:
Now just to be clear, since the zombies will be armed, what if a team chose to be zombies, but brings vehicles into play? Can zombies operate vehicles?
Thats a tough one, but im gonna say no to Zombies driving vehicles, because i honestly think it would be unfair that you have zombies driving around shooting people.
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm

makes sense, though i guess vehicles have to be established whether they are assault or not. Like what about a transport only vehicle, this way a large group of zombies can be dropped off on another side of the field so it feels like they are coming from all sides type of thing. That's just what I was thinking. Like if multiple vehicles are brought in then we designate attack and transport vehicles. this way zombies can at least get transport vehicles. That's just an idea I had. Up to you.
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Poncho (DTF) wrote:
makes sense, though i guess vehicles have to be established whether they are assault or not.  Like what about a transport only vehicle, this way a large group of zombies can be dropped off on another side of the field so it feels like they are coming from all sides type of thing. That's just what I was thinking. Like if multiple vehicles are brought in then we designate attack and transport vehicles. this way zombies can at least get transport vehicles.  That's just an idea I had. Up to you.
Though it is a good idea, that cam be overcumbered by setting up two starting points of zombies, if there is a large group, then you can have 1 half at Test Site [A] and the other half behind enemy lines, gets all factions in a choke hold.
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 pm

That makes sense too. Well, when this thing gets going I might just go ahead and set up for the zombies. I can get my team for the zombies too, you have around 5 of us there.
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Poncho (DTF) wrote:
That makes sense too. Well, when this thing gets going I might just go ahead and set up for the zombies. I can get my team for the zombies too, you have around 5 of us there.
5 is a good number, but trust me, if you want to make overcoming the zombies challenging, were gonna need alot and I MEAN ALOT OF ZOMBIES
Back to top Go down
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:12 am

Oh I know that, I've been in a few OPs and Zombie games. I was a zombie in Op. Skurge 3, that's why I want to be a zombie again. It's simple. And i was just saying I have 5 that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I can get more people interested, but you gotta try and bring as many as you can and network the best you can to make you OP a big event. It's a lot of work, I wish you luck on this, and you have my backing right now if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:23 am

Poncho (DTF) wrote:
Oh I know that, I've been in a few OPs and Zombie games. I was a zombie in Op. Skurge 3, that's why I want to be a zombie again. It's simple. And i was just saying I have 5 that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I can get more people interested, but you gotta try and bring as many as you can and network the best you can to make you OP a big event. It's a lot of work, I wish you luck on this, and you have my backing right now if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.
Ok
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Guys not to burst any bubbles but I'm seeing to many flaws already.

First of all, you have to many teams to work with.
You need to slim things down a bit.

No one will have the money to just start setting up there UNIFORMS unless you have a big OP with a lot of sponsors.

Second I dont think i have ever liked a game where Zombies have guns. Its not real enough.

Third of all the reason why I charged to bring my vehicles is because I needed to put gas and take care of maintenance. I could probably bring my jeep and maybe the juggernaut, but Im not 100% on the RAPTOR.

Fourth and last, If you want ZOMBIES, you need to make sure there ZOMBIE looking.
No more paintball mask and bad walking.

So here is what I suggest, all this is from my knowledge of my previous event that I was apart of or hosted(Zombiefied, Zombiefield 1, Scurge 1, Zombiefield 2,)  

First make the teams easier to comply with.
ARMY=Acu
SPECWAR=Multicam
CAVIALIAN=Regular clothing
UMBRELLA=Balck Swat style
ZOMBIES=Woodland

Woodland is the easiest uniform to get and easy to destroy by adding blood and guts to it. It will also help others see the difference. Your story would be about a military base that got destroyed by a zombie virus. This will also make it ok for people to where there gear for protection.

Second, you dont give a zombie a gun, what you could give them is a reason for people to be accurate. At my last event I made people shoot a ZOMBIE dead in the CHEST. If they missed by hitting them any where else they could make a zombie sprint for 3 seconds. This way no one lit up a zombie just caused they could. I will not sit by and see everyone hurting the zombies and watching them get peppered for no reason.

Third, Since it not truly my event, I cant always promise I can hook it up with the vehicles. There my responsibility so not everyone would be ok to just give them up on command. I would like to relax a little since im not running the show, that's kinda why I'm feeling pretty comfortable right now lol. Thats really why sometimes its easier just to show up to there events, you dont have to deal with the extra work lololol.

Forth, you must give the zombies a reason to want to show up. PAY THEM. Give them tickets to sale, if they sale a ticket for the OP they get the cash for it. So if a Zombie sales 4 tickets at $10 a ticket they get $40 at the event. Dont think they can just hustle and keep selling tickets and not show up. The only way they can get the cash if they pay at the door and that money goes the zombie after the OP. So no bad dealing.
PS also Zombies pay nothing. They must focus on there uniform and costume. They must where a full face mask. If they want they can where a Walmart zombie mask there really cheap.

Ok so that my ideas, you can take them if you want or I will still use them for my next zombie event. So tell me what you think.

-Kalizion
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcoairsoft.com
Poncho (DTF)

Poncho (DTF)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I agree with what you're saying Kal, but I think we should let the kid do his thing with the zombies. Kal's idea is very good for stricter mil-sim OPs, but I don't think that is what he was going for. The zombies in this game(in my opinion) are more like the super mutant/intelligent zombies that we've seen in some other previous ops. With that said, I look forward to both ops if you both are setting up some zombie games, I'm saving my Op for later, I don't want to interfere with what you guys are planning.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: big op in october possibly    Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:06 pm

KaliZion[BC] wrote:
Guys not to burst any bubbles but I'm seeing to many flaws already.

First of all, you have to many teams to work with.
You need to slim things down a bit.

No one will have the money to just start setting up there UNIFORMS unless you have a big OP with a lot of sponsors.

Second I dont think i have ever liked a game where Zombies have guns. Its not real enough.

Third of all the reason why I charged to bring my vehicles is because I needed to put gas and take care of maintenance. I could probably bring my jeep and maybe the juggernaut, but Im not 100% on the RAPTOR.

Fourth and last, If you want ZOMBIES, you need to make sure there ZOMBIE looking.
No more paintball mask and bad walking.

So here is what I suggest, all this is from my knowledge of my previous event that I was apart of or hosted(Zombiefied, Zombiefield 1, Scurge 1, Zombiefield 2,)  

First make the teams easier to comply with.
ARMY=Acu
SPECWAR=Multicam
CAVIALIAN=Regular clothing
UMBRELLA=Balck Swat style
ZOMBIES=Woodland

Woodland is the easiest uniform to get and easy to destroy by adding blood and guts to it. It will also help others see the difference. Your story would be about a military base that got destroyed by a zombie virus. This will also make it ok for people to where there gear for protection.

Second, you dont give a zombie a gun, what you could give them is a reason for people to be accurate. At my last event I made people shoot a ZOMBIE dead in the CHEST. If they missed by hitting them any where else they could make a zombie sprint for 3 seconds. This way no one lit up a zombie just caused they could. I will not sit by and see everyone hurting the zombies and watching them get peppered for no reason.

Third, Since it not truly my event, I cant always promise I can hook it up with the vehicles. There my responsibility so not everyone would be ok to just give them up on command. I would like to relax a little since im not running the show, that's kinda why I'm feeling pretty comfortable right now lol. Thats really why sometimes its easier just to show up to there events, you dont have to deal with the extra work lololol.

Forth, you must give the zombies a reason to want to show up. PAY THEM. Give them tickets to sale, if they sale a ticket for the OP they get the cash for it. So if a Zombie sales 4 tickets at $10 a ticket they get $40 at the event. Dont think they can just hustle and keep selling tickets and not show up. The only way they can get the cash if they pay at the door and that money goes the zombie after the OP. So no bad dealing.
PS also Zombies pay nothing. They must focus on there uniform and costume. They must where a full face mask. If they want they can where a Walmart zombie mask there really cheap.

Ok so that my ideas, you can take them if you want or I will still use them for my next zombie event. So tell me what you think.

-Kalizion

You forgot AOR2 for specwar
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 pm

The problem with digital is that not many people have it. Maybe we can use that for marines.

No as for SUPER ZOMBIES that's another story. At skurge 1 I had my cousin TANK play NEMESIS from resident evil and he took a minigun and ran around shooting everyone and did not die. You had to avoid him. That was fun.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm

KaliZion[BC] wrote:
The problem with digital is that not many people have it. Maybe we can use that for marines.

No as for SUPER ZOMBIES that's another story. At skurge 1 I had my cousin TANK play NEMESIS from resident evil and he took a minigun and ran around shooting everyone and did not die. You had to avoid him. That was fun.

thing is that camo is not USMC issue its NSW issued
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:50 pm

KaliZion[BC] wrote:

Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 45960010
Back to top Go down
Alcatraz N-6 TT
USJTF OPR
Alcatraz N-6 TT

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:59 pm

KaliZion[BC] wrote:

Kal you have to understand that AOR1 and 2 are not, and let me repeat NOT MARPAT variants They are entirely different camo patterns developed by the navy. and are used by Navy SEALs,
and about the teams: in a way im making things simpler for people that have certain camo patterns that are easier to afford.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:14 pm

I think we should have a meeting about this op and future ones too plan ahead.
Back to top Go down
KaliZion[BC]
USJTF COL
USJTF COL
KaliZion[BC]

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:13 pm

I'm pretty sure I understand what pattern u want. But from what I'm saying is, not everyone is going to be looking for a uniform for this op. I'm telling that its hard to get poeple in the valley to get completely uniformed for any event. Last time I had to lend a pair of pants and a bdu top because the kid brought maulticam pants, snickers, and a mets cap. That's not government issued lol. Some poeple still play in runing shows.

If u want a full milspec game you need to either be super strict and not let anything out of uniform by. Or just go by what people have already.

We should atleast start in forcing boots at our ops. It would keep people safer from thorns and broken ankles.
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Im gonna wear AOR2. regardless
Back to top Go down
Mother W44 (TT)
USJTF OPR
Mother W44 (TT)

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Kal i think we should schedule a meeting at SOGOPS for this Op. so we can have a good turn out that day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big op in october, possibly?   Big op in october, possibly? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Big op in october, possibly?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next